Saturday, July 28, 2012

He is rocking. my. world.

God that is. He is rocking my world. And I don't think I will ever be the same.  I wrote a post a little while ago about how I am seeing that in my life with Hudson less is more but I stopped there.  I didn't go into detail about what God has been trying  to showing me about less really being MORE.  He has been following me, pursuing me, filling my thoughts with images and impressing these hard facts on my heart -  3 BILLION people live on less than $2.50 day, 1 BILLION children live in poverty, MILLIONS of people are HUNGRY. Really hungry. And that I am RICH. Very rich. Literally, in monetary terms, education, travel, and overall freedom in comparison to the rest of the world.  If you're an average american, you're easily within the 10% wealthiest people on the planet.  These are facts that  I know BUT in my heart and in my life I have been ignoring. BUT God is changing that, he won't leave me alone he has been pursuing me, showing me that knowing isn't enough anymore.  He wants more.
For a while now we have been realizing that we have too much. Too much stuff. Too many things to do.  Too many choices.  Too many responsibilities.  And that this too much is keeping us from the good stuff.  From more of Him.  From deeper relationships.  From more joy and more peace.  
So God is calling us to have less, so others can have more, to use our abundance to make change.  We have always known that this is what God wanted of us and have sincerely wanted to live this way. However, I think we always envisioned it looking different and have been waiting for that.  Thinking that we would become wildly successful (in worldly terms) and have of extra money and big things under our belt and THEN we would start giving BIG, making a difference in the lives of people around the world with big projects.  It would be glamorous and we would be very cool.  Turns out, that is not what he wants.  What he wants is not glamour or cool but US right here, right now, willing to live differently, willing to change and trust and follow him.  AND what if we did?  What would it look like?  That is what we are trying to figure out right now.
A new day is dawning.
We are ready for the changes it may bring.

Here are some of the books that I have been reading that have been challenging me to change - The Bible, Everyday Justice, Small Things with great Love, and Kisses from Katie.

No comments: