Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Feeling Christmasy in a different sort of way -

I want to start off with an apology to all the friends and family who have made or are making and giving us delicious treats and heart felt gifts for Christmas, I just can't seem to get myself to reciprocate.  I have had nothing but good intentions of making yummy Christmas goodies and lovely little trinkets (I have lots of pins to prove it!) but I just can't seem to put the action behind the thoughts.  If it weren't for my amazing Husband we wouldn't even have a Christmas card this year.  Thanks Colin!

I think it is just the perfect combination of stuff that's got me in this
place: re-thinking how we want to do Christmas and life (more on that soon),  reflecting on last week's tragic events, a longing feeling for the next member of our family to be here with us this season combined with a feeling of helplessness that I can't make that happen, and just a really strong need to slow down.  So instead of the normal Christmas to-do's we have been doing a lot of this:
and this:
and this:
 and this:
And even though there has been some very special baking going on, the end result was not goodies to share but
SNACK TIME!
Honestly, how precious are these girls? And how cute is H in his home depot apron?
So, instead of a pretty bags full of goodies, we are sending all of you, our loves, one of these: 
 Can you feel our love? We hope so! 
Merry Christmas!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be too hard on yourself about all the Christmas hoopla, you are right, just love . . . that's the most important thing!

cindy said...

Can't wait for your arrival. All we need is a houseful of family and maybe some snow!

Tesha said...

Right back at ya friends! Have a very merry Christmas!