Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Raw Bok Choy Salad (and vegan and gluten free too!)

This recipe is so good, I just had to share!  

We order bountiful baskets almost weekly (if I remember to order and pick it up!).  If you don't know what bountiful baskets is check it out, it is awesome http://bountifulbaskets.org/  I must have been a little trigger happy when I was ordering last week because I ordered an absurd amount of produce.  I have been trying to find ways to eat all this goodness before it goes bad.  In addition to the regular basket, I also ordered the asian bag, which included lots of exotic goodies that I have no idea what to do with.  

I remember my mom making a bok choy salad when I was growing up so I thought I would try something along those lines.  After looking at the recipes, I realized they were not quite my style anymore...sorry ramon noodles, you were awesome in college but I just couldn't do that to my beautiful greens.  Here is a raw, vegan, gluten free, super tasty version of the salad.  I recommend it with grilled salmon (ops not vegan  anymore)  and adding soy beans to the left overs for lunch!

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup white vinegar
     3 tbls. agave nectar (or brown sugar)
     3 tbls. Braggs Liquid Amino Acids or soy sauce
     1 tbls. Sesame oil
           
      1/2 bunch bok choy, chopped
      1/2 asian cabbage
      1-2 cups shredded carrots
      ½ cup snow peas, chopped
      4-5 green onions, chopped
      1/4 cp sesame seeds
           
1.              Mix together oils, white vinegar, agave/sugar, and braggs/soy sauce.
2.              Combine all ingredients, toss with dressing, and eat. 

*Connoisseur Colin thought adding candied almonds would make the dish. I am sure you can make with whatever veggies you have on hand and in different proportions.  







Enjoy!!!!

No comments: