Friday, January 25, 2013

2013 part two - JOYFUL, JOYFUL!

So, I am back with more on New Year's missions and reflecting on turning 30.  I had planned on including all of this in the last post, but ran out of time! Where does it go?  Flies by like H running away from his mama chasing him around with a Kleenex.  Anyway, back to the mission.  After all my work on setting my mission statement for the year and coming up with thoughtful goals, I had a rough week for a lot of reasons and already, in the second week of the year, didn't accomplish one of my goals!!!! What? Seriously? Yes, I missed a Birthday, one week after making a goal of not missing Birthdays! I was pretty bummed at myself about it and that combined with a bunch of other small things: H not sleeping, Hand I were in a funk, I was stressed about the home study and was all of a sudden full of fear and doubts about the adoption (I will share more on that later).  The spirit of our house was just off.  All due to small things that I was letting get the better of me and turn my attitude sour.  Now, I know in my heart, that in the grand scheme of life and the things that matter - I am so blessed.   But I so often and so easily forget to believe that in the way that I live (a.k.a my daily attitude).
One night last week, I was reading Unbroken, (great book) and read a paragraph about how the attitudes of three men lost at sea the were shaping how they responded to current situations and ultimately shaping their future survival.  As soon as I read this I felt like God was speaking right to me about my attitude and response to situations (Can you say debbie downer?).  Then, I opened another book to the picture above. This is a photo from one of the most precious gifts I have ever received :) Anyway, it is amazing how God works and can bring everything together to gently or forcefully call me out on the state of my heart.  Ultimately, I realized that the most purposeful and strategic thing I can do this year is be JOYFUL in every minute, of everyday, and with every gift I have been given.  Because the way that I live my moments is the way that I live my life (I don't think those are my own words I must have stolen them from a poem or song or something - sounds good though, doesn't it!)  If I focus too hard on my goals, I tend to over look the goodness and purpose in every moment and end up living too many minutes with the wrong  attitude.  So, I am not throwing the mission statement out the door but I am one adding thing to it and I am writing down first my to-do list every day 
Be JOYFUL! 
I better have a lot of check marks at the end of the year!
This is a picture of a little sign we made with Christmas lights this year. It is still up and I am thinking about that I may need to leave it up  all year.  Sometimes I need lots of reminders!

2 comments:

cindy said...

We all need those constant reminders! You are doing great and I love the page of that book you opened! Great comments and verses! Very motivating and convicting to anyone...me too.
love

Anonymous said...

You may get plenty of energy from vegetables, fruits,
complete grains and beans.
Feel free to visit my web page - click through the following page